Saturday, August 15, 2009

my heart and my butt

I don't think anyone reads this blog, and that's ok.

This really has nothing to do with I love Detroit except that I had my 2008 mission trip shirt on when I went for a walk.

Michigan is known for being a bunch of fatties. I've actually struggled with my weight all my life. Well, since i was in 5th grade. I never liked exercise unless it was running to the cabinet or refridge to get something to eat.

I decided this week that I was going to get my act together and beat this addiction! Yes it is ok to have ice cream, just not the whole half gallon!

It's about making better choices. A new thing I've started is that I put my salad on my plate with the rest of my food so it takes up space and it's better for me!

Nahum 1:13 13 Now I will break their yoke from your neck and tear your shackles away."

Today I really wanted some peanut butter fudge ice cream (Meijer brand) that Kevin bought me the other day! So I had some, and then I went for a 33 minute walk. I didn't feel guilty about the ice cream and I did feel good about getting out and walking!

Tomorrow we're going on the boat. I'm only taking veggies to snack on, no chips or junk! I'll be cleaning the boat and swimming so I will be in good shape for tomorrow!

So hopefully my heart is growing and my butt is shrinking!

1 comment: