Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another one...

We've got like 58 people officially signed up for the Mission Trip!!! I am so excited about what God is going to do and how our little Mission Trip will advance His kingdom. To be used by God, what a joy!

Figuring out the food might seem like such an insignificant task but I feel like it's so important. I put a lot of thought into it, I have to be aware of dietary restrictions... Who is allergic to what, who is a vegetarian, etc, and the food MUST taste good, but to be honest, but the time I'm done cooking, I'm not that hungry.

Its difficult to transport all the food for the trip because of coolers, not enough space in my fridge, so this year I will buy what I can find on sale, get the stuff for lunches, and the rest I will buy from the Aldi's down the street from Detroit Rescue Mission and I will utilize Eastern Market, and HOPEFULLY have some home-grown produce to bring.

On another front, I was able to speak with our Pastor, Jeremy, he got me the deal of a century on paint! To God be the GLORY!! For one place I need 5 - 5 gallon paint thingies, and he saved me about $50 per container so instead of spending $500 for that one place, I will spend $250!! WOOOO HOOOOOOO!!! Also secured the scaffolding that we need to paint the Grace Kitchen!

Since Adam is in Colombia, I really wanted to step up, and honestly, there are a few things I've been worried about... and so I love to see how God answers my prayers, though they may seem insignificant to someone else, I take this mission seriously. I feel like in all the things I am not good in, God handles it. He knows when I am weak, and in my weakness, He makes me strong!

I'd love to have another 15 people sign up! So, God, today I'm asking for You to put it on the hearts of those You want to serve, and I ask that you provide the resources for them to come (the money!!).

Matthew 17:20 He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

Meal Schedule
Monday -
Breakfast - No breakfast provided
Lunch - Lunch meat/snacks/water/fruit
Dinner - Pasta Bar (Spaghetti, Alfredo) Garlic Bread, salad

Tuesday
Breakfast - Pancakes & Sausage
Lunch - Lunch meat/snacks/water/fruit
Dinner - BBQ Hamburgers/Hot dogs. salad, fruit/veggies, chips, Ice cream sandwich cake

Wednesday (Tiger game Day HOPEFULLY!!)
Breakfast - cereal/milk/ fruit/bagels/toast
Lunch - Lunch meat/snacks/water/fruit
Dinner - Mexican night! Tacos/burritos and all that goes along with it! Dessert

Thursday
Breakfast - cereal/milk/ fruit/bagels/toast
Lunch - Lunch meat/snacks/water/fruit
Dinner - Baked Chicken, mac & cheese, veggie, salad, brownies

Friday
Breakfast - Pancakes & Sausage
Lunch - Lunch meat/snacks/water/fruit
Dinner - Pizza?

No comments:

Post a Comment