Saturday, July 11, 2009

The reputation of this city starts with me

You know what's funny about our 'Detroit' Mission Trip?

We're not going to Detroit! LOL! Though we will be in cities near Detroit! Highland Park and Pontiac.

I love the Detroit Mission Trip.

It's one of my most favoritist things in the whole world! We haven't even gone this year and I'm excited for next year!

I am a lot more involved this year than I usually am, usually i pretty much show up, cook and then clean up. It's been quite an honor!

The first year, we had about 25 people. Last year about 40, and this year, we already have 52 people signed up! We've got some great things planned and I am so excited!

I've been watching the sales, as I often do. Because I only spend about $25 per person for the WHOLE week! I think the first year it was $40 per person. I take great pride in providing really good meals for a low price, that's what it helps that I watch the sales.

Last week God surprised me with salad dressing on sale ($.94 each), noodles for $.50, and my favorite is $2.49/case! Sure the difference between $2.49 and $3.49 is only $1.00 however, we need at least 15 cases, that's $15! We needed about 20 boxes of noodles, a savings of $.50 per box. $10 saved! Just in two things purchased, I saved $25! That's quite a savings!

It's a gift to be a good steward of the money that is entrusted to me! And it's an honor and a blessing to feed the missionaries that will go into our city to love children, to love those who need Jesus, to be Jesus in different ways to people who need His love.

We will be serving at Detroit Rescue Mission Ministries and Grace Centers of Hope this year.

Please keep those of us who are going in your prayers, pray for those who we will be loving while we are there. Pray for the donations we need so that we can stretch the dollars we are going to have so that we can do more than we can even imagine. May we see God in all things we do. And cool weather wouldn't be so bad either :)

James 2:5 Listen, my dear brothers: Has not God chosen those who are poor in the eyes of the world to be rich in faith and to inherit the kingdom he promised those who love him?

No comments:

Post a Comment